O talk not to me of a name great in story; 名人,轶事,哼哼,别跟我提,
The days of our youth are the days of our glory; 青春,花季,青春花季,就是荣誉;
And the myrtle and ivy of sweet two-and-twenty 常春藤啊桃金娘,芳龄二十二一,
Are worth all your laurels, though ever so plenty. 二十二一,堪比褒扬赞许,千言万语;
What are garlands and crowns to the brow that is wrinkled? 桂冠啊花环,置顶褶皱额面?
'Tis but as a dead flower with May-dew besprinkled: 哼,无非仲夏甘露,伏身老朽花木:
Then away with all such from the head that is hoary---- 一经灰白头离去,桂冠啊花环,辉煌啊灿烂——
What care I for the wreaths that can only give glory? 哈哈,那一切呀,还有什么可在意?
O Fame! ----if I e'er took delight in thy praises, 啊——口碑,盛赞!我要口碑,我要盛赞,
’Twas less for the sake of thy high-sounding phrases, 口碑,盛赞,不是讨好溢美,不是阔论高谈,
Than to see the bright eyes of the dear one discover 我的口碑,我的盛赞,是会发现,能理清,既可爱,又聪明
She thought that I was not unworthy to love her. 啊——她的眼睛,在说爱呀,她的爱,非我不配,非我不成。
There chiefly I sought thee, there only I found thee;
Her glance was the best of the rays that surround thee;
When it sparkled o'er aught that was bright in my story,
I knew it was love, and I felt it was glory.